The Inspired Landscape: Twenty-One Leading Landscape Architects Explore the Creative Process
What sets the book apart…is that the focus is on the creative process and the pulling together of sometimes conflicting influences into a coherent whole.
Featuring the work of twenty-one landscape architects from around the world, Susan Cohen highlights each initial spark of creativity and traces it through the stunningly innovative landscape designs that resulted. Lushly illustrated with original sketches, plans, and photographs, this invaluable resource will embolden designers to summon the unique sources that can fuel their own creative process.
Includes work by:
- Shlomo Aronson, Sheila Brady, and James Burnett
- Gilles Clément, Gary Hilderbrand, and Charles Jencks
- Mary Margaret Jones, Mikyoung Kim, and Peter Latz
- Shunmyo Masuno, Signe Nielsen, and Cornelia Hahn Oberlander
- Laurie Olin, Ken Smith, and Stephen Stimson
- Tom Stuart-Smith, Christine Ten Eyck, and Ryoko Ueyama
- Kim Wilkie, Thomas Woltz, and Kongjian Yu
- Format: Hardcover
- Pages: 272 pp.
- Book dimensions: 8½ x 10 in. (255 x 215 mm.)
- Images: 346 photos
- ISBN-10: 1604694394
- ISBN-13: 9781604694390
- Product code: 689439
Want to see inside the book?View book preview.
"What sets the book apart, aside from the promise of a conversation between designers, is that the focus is on the creative process and the pulling together of sometimes conflicting influences into a coherent whole."
"Filled with detailed design sketches, this book offers a fascinating analysis of how of the world’s most celebrated landscape architects go about the process of 'finding the muse'."
In the media?
Download a hi-resolution version of the book jacket (2645×3079 px, 2.2 MB).