Today is Arbor Day in the United States. Arbor Day is an interesting holiday, which gets less press than the all-out events of Earth Day. It originated in Nebraska in 1872, and was founded by Julius Sterling Morton, the editor of the Nebraska City News. April 10th, 1872, was the first Arbor Day, and apparently […]
Home > Blog
The Living Landscape
- What's wrong with my succulent?
- Harvesting and Drying Lavender
- Dig Deeper Newsletter, August 2011
- How to Make Concrete Tealight Holders
- Homemade weedkiller recipe
- Imagining a no-mow yard: 7 lawn alternatives in pictures
- The Living Landscape: Applying layers to the Home Garden
- The 12 principles of permaculture
- Yes, you should rotate your tomatoes. And that goes for the other vegetables, too.
- What's wrong with my vegetable garden? Slugs!